+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

since my tanks silicone is failing i need to transfer my tank, as i never liked my aquascape from this tank im seeing this as an opportunity to change it. I want to transfer all the life rock including bio media in the sump from the old tank to the new tank(same size) and add about 40 lbs of new dry rock. Is this possible or is this going to be a mini cycle?
Sander

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

since my tanks silicone is failing i need to transfer my tank, as i never liked my aquascape from this tank im seeing this as an opportunity to change it. I want to transfer all the life rock including bio media in the sump from the old tank to the new tank(same size) and add about 40 lbs of new dry rock. Is this possible or is this going to be a mini cycle?
Sander
All new rock will go through the same changes as a brand new tank. Uglies and what not.

Nutramar Foods

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your existing rock should provide adequate filtration. The new rock will be slowly colonized and prob get some algae. Watch your phosphate as the new rock will bind it all up and create an environment for Dino’s. Be prepared to dose phosphates.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Geo's Reef
Back