Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok big question for you expert friends out there! I have an RO at home and it has the ability to add back in Calcium and Magnesium and i have those installed. I am adding a DI filer to this unit will it remove these minerals i am adding? If so would i be better putting DI before the ro?

World Wide Corals

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok big question for you expert friends out there! I have an RO at home and it has the ability to add back in Calcium and Magnesium and i have those installed. I am adding a DI filer to this unit will it remove these minerals i am adding? If so would i be better putting DI before the ro?
Yes the di will strip anything, put it right after the RO. You want the di after the RO to pull out what the RO misses.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why you would want to add unknown amounts of calcium or Magnesium to your water. I want water with absolutely nothing in it if possible.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
bpinkstaff

bpinkstaff

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why you would want to add unknown amounts of calcium or Magnesium to your water. I want water with absolutely nothing in it if possible.
The RO was set up to feed our kitchen and Fridge so the addition was supposed to be healthy for us was just trying to multipurpose it but sounds like I'm better setting up separate system or just by from Hobbie shop!

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RO was set up to feed our kitchen and Fridge so the addition was supposed to be healthy for us was just trying to multipurpose it but sounds like I'm better setting up separate system or just by from Hobbie shop!
You stole my words! ;) yeah get a separate filter purpose built it will save you allot of headaches.

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All you have to do is tee off the good water coming from the RO membrane. Get a valve that allows you to divert the water to 2 different hoses. 1 hose will go to the drinking water and the other to your DI canister. You can then have it going to your drinking water and be able to turn that off and turn on the hose going to the DI canister when you want water for your reef tank. I'm assuming the calcium addition is just a canister so you can just add that into the drinking water side.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back