Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y’all! So I ordered a new Tenecor 100 gallon AIO tank. But, I am adding a triton method sump as well. Just wondering if anyone has experience with adding a sump to a tank that kinda already has one. I just want more water volume and more equipment. The back of the AIO tank doesn’t have much room. Anyway, just wondering where the best spot is in the back to drill holes for ATO and return.
Thanks!

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
nathanb25

nathanb25

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry.
Why 100 gallon aio if you want to run a sump?
I really like the aquarium, and when I first ordered it some else I knew did the same type of thing. I was under the impression more water volume was good. And the aoi only has a filter sock in the back.

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like the shape, that can be ordered, no aio.
More water volume is good.
An aio is designed for a specific water flow. Tank output, filter section, return to tank. Draining to a sump and returning disrupts the designed flow pattern, but perhaps can be accomodated.
Id try to re order without the aio for a more common setup.

OP
OP
nathanb25

nathanb25

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like the shape, that can be ordered, no aio.
More water volume is good.
An aio is designed for a specific water flow. Tank output, filter section, return to tank. Draining to a sump and returning disrupts the designed flow pattern, but perhaps can be accomodated.
Id try to re order without the aio for a more common setup.
They make each tank to order. So I guess I need to figure out how to accommodate.

Nutramar Foods

TheBear78

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with that AIO tank but the few I've seen have a plastic rear wall/divider. Assuming that you already have the tank and it cannot be changed for a non AIO version you may be able to remove the partitions with relative ease.

OP
OP
nathanb25

nathanb25

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with that AIO tank but the few I've seen have a plastic rear wall/divider. Assuming that you already have the tank and it cannot be changed for a non AIO version you may be able to remove the partitions with relative ease.
It does have a rear divider,
(Sorry, I dont understand)
why you would order an aio then attach a sump.
If custom built, call manufacturer and get what you want.
because it’s already about done. What happened is I got confused with the reef tanks that have the overflow built in, I thought the back was just an overflow. I have seen one other person that just added their plumbing to the back like you would a regular tank, then connect the return to the return built into it. I am new to this, so it was a mistake. But can’t turn back now, and already have protein skimmers, chiller, and everything for media that goes into the sump. They wouldn’t fit in the back of this AIO. I got another persons info on here that’s going to help with it as well.

OP
OP
nathanb25

nathanb25

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ps, been running triton for 4 years, refugium and core7, so I think you are on the right track
From everything I see, and the people I’ve talked to about it, it seems to be a good method. I just have to figure out how to connect my sump to a AIO. Made a mistake and ordered a AIO tank thinking it was something different.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
ACC
Back