Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit of background on the tank..it’s a 2 year 83 gal Fiji cube. The rock and livestock have been moved from a previous 60 gal cube that failed. Overall going on 4 years……

So, here’s my question…. I had a tiger pistol shrimp that’s been in the tank under the same rock since day one. I added a yellow watchman goby and took shelter with the tiger shrimp. They have been paired in the current tank the entire time. (2 years)

About a month an added a larger candy cane pistol shrimp to the tank. Recently, I found the new candy cane shrimp in the tiger/watchman burrow.

Ive looked day and night for the watchman and tiger at every feeding (pumps shut down) and nothing. The other day I seen what looked like the tigers tail molt rolling across the sand, but other than that nothing.

Do you think the new shrimp would have killed either shrimp or goby (wouldn’t think so…goby was large over 2”. Or have they just relocated to a spot I cannot see or in hiding… could they possibly share the same hole? Bummed I might had caused their demise adding another shrimp :/

Nutramar Foods

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit of background on the tank..it’s a 2 year 83 gal Fiji cube. The rock and livestock have been moved from a previous 60 gal cube that failed. Overall going on 4 years……

So, here’s my question…. I had a tiger pistol shrimp that’s been in the tank under the same rock since day one. I added a yellow watchman goby and took shelter with the tiger shrimp. They have been paired in the current tank the entire time. (2 years)

About a month an added a larger candy cane pistol shrimp to the tank. Recently, I found the new candy cane shrimp in the tiger/watchman burrow.

Ive looked day and night for the watchman and tiger at every feeding (pumps shut down) and nothing. The other day I seen what looked like the tigers tail molt rolling across the sand, but other than that nothing.

Do you think the new shrimp would have killed either shrimp or goby (wouldn’t think so…goby was large over 2”. Or have they just relocated to a spot I cannot see or in hiding… could they possibly share the same hole? Bummed I might had caused their demise adding another shrimp :/
It’s likely the new pistol has killed the other pistol shrimp, are you sure it was a molt? I’ve never seen a molt of my pistol shrimps (both in different tanks), generally molts are see-through and not fleshy, did you see any flesh?

OP
OP
H

HouseofStark

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, now thinking of it…I’ve never seen a molt before from the tiger. It was clear, no flesh with faint tiger shrimp markings on it. Do you think the goby is still around? The den used to be alot larger when goby was in it, the current one is very small….when looking down it I can see the candy cane shrimp once in a while….wouldn’t think the shrimp would kill the goby…

AquaCave Logo Banner
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back