+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I might be trying to run before I can walk here - but I am trying to interface my Reef Pi with Adafruit IO so I can get a bit creative with an interface for my tank.

I don't see the equipment outlets for a HS300 listed in my Adafruit IO feeds for some reason. I believe the highlighted ones in the image below are all the ReefPi Feeds I can see. The others that arent highlighted are random bits I've been testing with.

I love that I can see the temp from my probe and power usage from the strip but the buttons don't come through! :(

Is this working as intended?
1654570570124.png

I do see an error in the reef pi error feed - does anyone think could this be related?

1654570931366.png

I'm wondering if a macro might show up instead as a workaround - not tested yet.

Thanks in advance.

Corals.com
OP
OP
P

Prettymuchnow

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confirmed macro's don't show up either - is adafruit.io set up for telemetry only right now?
I was hoping to make a wireless touchscreen display with a feed mode button to trigger the macro / turn off the outlets.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
macros in itself do not have any telemetry integration yet. telemetry is only available at equipment, sensor read, controller (ato, ph, temperature). It will be nice to have macro specific telemetry, but i have not thought about the specifics yet

OP
OP
P

Prettymuchnow

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib So today I upgraded to adafruit IO+ just to see if it would work - and I'm still not seeing the outlets on my panel - I have disabled all other data points except for temperature. Double checked that when deleted they would reappear - so adafruit io is recieving new data from the reef pi and temperature is reading true.

1654797552686.png

I'm still seeing these errors in reef pi.
I think the ones with the red arrows may be where the issue is coming from. The others are because I disabled the feeds.

1654797707209.png

Things I am going to try next -
1. Re-Add the HS300 and setup again.
2. Install an older version of reef pi to see if the issue persists.
3. Give up and change my tactics.

If you have any ideas please let me know! I'm so excited to get this going haha.

AS
OP
OP
P

Prettymuchnow

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update -

I have downgraded to pi 5.0 with a clean install and re-added the HS300 only. Still having the same issues.
My Adafruit io feed shows its receiving data but none of the equipment outlets that I have set up and confirmed are showing up here.

1654889615687.png

FWIW I can still see the same error in reef-pi

1654890157100.png

iancarp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update -

I have downgraded to pi 5.0 with a clean install and re-added the HS300 only. Still having the same issues.
My Adafruit io feed shows its receiving data but none of the equipment outlets that I have set up and confirmed are showing up here.

View attachment 2705092

FWIW I can still see the same error in reef-pi

View attachment 2705102
I'm experiencing the same...

OP
OP
P

Prettymuchnow

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm experiencing the same...
I'm glad I'm not alone in this!
Most of my hair is gone at this point lol.

I set up an MQTT server and had a look at the data received - I don't see any equipment in the feed at all. (But this is again probably out of my depth)

All I can see are the same three system load, mem used, undervoltage notices - Adafruit data on the left MQTT on the right. (I should really find my proper power brick...)
Previously I had my temperature probe and outlet power consumption enabled and working in adafruit io which were transmitting data - but for testing purposes I have only added 1 outlet and confirmed it is functioning from the Pi but not sending any telemetry data.

1654897860006.png

Going for a walk to have a think about this now :D
Will likely revert my pi install to an even earlier version to see if it has been broken somewhere along the way!

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RED SEA
Back