Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calling all the acrylic aquarium reefers…

how do you clean your tank inside and out without scratching

Thanks
I dont have one, But I have heard that people will use a mr. clean sponge. I know they're safe, because I have also used one inside my tank. just a thought.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Calling all the acrylic aquarium reefers…

how do you clean your tank inside and out without scratching

Thanks
I use Mighty magnet acrylic cleaner and Novus polishing kit

BRS
OP
OP
jmichaelh7

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For inside the tank I use a mag float with a SeeCleer scrub sponge. You can get these thru Unique Corals. They make algae wiping the inside a dream.

For the spots where coraline takes hold or in the corners I use a plastic razorblade.

Every few years I for the inside I use a wet sanding kit that has about 12 different levels of sandpaper between 600 and 12000 grit. Which lets you remove scratches and polish the tank without draining it.

For the outside whenever I use the Magfloat magnet - which on the outside of the tank I place a MicroFiber hand towel between the magnet and the acrylic I use Novus Polish. For when I have people coming over I have an aerosol acrylic polish called Polish Bright in a Black and Blue can. It smells bad but spray it on and wipe off with a microfiber towel and it is beautiful.

For scratches on the outside the Novus 2 & 3 with various fine grits of wet sand paper and an orbital buffer and things look good as new.

Dave B

OP
OP
jmichaelh7

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Mighty magnet acrylic cleaner and Novus polishing kit

Magnets are literally $250+ ? Not really cost effective.

For inside the tank I use a mag float with a SeeCleer scrub sponge. You can get these thru Unique Corals. They make algae wiping the inside a dream.

For the spots where coraline takes hold or in the corners I use a plastic razorblade.

Every few years I for the inside I use a wet sanding kit that has about 12 different levels of sandpaper between 600 and 12000 grit. Which lets you remove scratches and polish the tank without draining it.

For the outside whenever I use the Magfloat magnet - which on the outside of the tank I place a MicroFiber hand towel between the magnet and the acrylic I use Novus Polish. For when I have people coming over I have an aerosol acrylic polish called Polish Bright in a Black and Blue can. It smells bad but spray it on and wipe off with a microfiber towel and it is beautiful.

For scratches on the outside the Novus 2 & 3 with various fine grits of wet sand paper and an orbital buffer and things look good as new.

Dave B
Let me look into seeclear

Nutramar Foods

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnets are literally $250+ ? Not really cost effective.

Let me look into seeclear
I highly recommend the SeeClear both inside and outside pads. I keep my magfloat in the tank 24/7. You should get 2 inside pads, so while one is in the tank getting algae growing on it which makes it less and less efficient you have a second one sitting in the sun bleaching to swap it with. Also the inside pads last about 18 months for me. The outside pads last for years and years - So buy accordingly.

Dave B

OP
OP
jmichaelh7

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend the SeeClear both inside and outside pads. I keep my magfloat in the tank 24/7. You should get 2 inside pads, so while one is in the tank getting algae growing on it which makes it less and less efficient you have a second one sitting in the sun bleaching to swap it with. Also the inside pads last about 18 months for me. The outside pads last for years and years - So buy accordingly.

Dave B
6739A18B-26D8-4259-B1C4-49527B242C21.jpeg
7AAB6D0A-D383-4831-8A74-E58D3C17D7EF.jpeg

I received both the large magna float and the sleeves from unique corals

I’m blown away what happened . Brand new accessories and I have small scratches from the cleaning

I’m not sure which did it since I took the sleeve off to use the acrylic razor for the bottom corner so the magna float inside magnet was used as well but not in the direction the scratches are.

Confused on what I should do now . I’d hate to clean again in a week and have tons of more scratches

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back