Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a weird thread, but what are acros you think look good with no to minimal polyp extension? I have a dwarf angel in my 90 gallon, and the acros in there are colorful and grow decently well enough, but never have had polyp extension since I added the fish.

Hawkin's echinata and Red Ferrari look pretty good, imo.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Avast

Cyanohater

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a weird thread, but what are acros you think look good with no to minimal polyp extension? I have a dwarf angel in my 90 gallon, and the acros in there are colorful and grow decently well enough, but never have had polyp extension since I added the fish.

Hawkin's echinata and Red Ferrari look pretty good, imo.
can I have a picture ( I'm not an acro keeper I just want to see)

BRS

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also have fish that cause no PE so i try to aim for stuff that just has pretty base color. some already mentioned like oregon tort, green slimer, hawkins

smoothskins in general are great. i have a few of those and the lack of PE doesn't hurt their looks at all, honestly they seem like the ideal angel/butterfly tank acro along with torts. with the lack of PE, it seems like my fish don't even bother nipping at them

anacroporas seem to do well and don't mind the lack of pe

others that just look generally good: pc rainbow, garf bonsai, av99 blue monster, cali tort, tsa fruity pebbles, arc fireworks, tanzenite terror, tgc orange creamsicle, garretts acropolis muppets, cc dark knight, ora pearlberry, boomberry, ora red planet, ora green planet, jf fox flame, bc bubblebath unicorn, purple stylo, red monti cap, green birdsnest

some that don't look very good: rr pink cadillac, without the purple polyps it's pretty uggo. digis are quite ugly, i have bubblegum, forest fire, and german blue polyp and without PE, i'd definitely rather have anacroporas or birdsnest/stylos in their place. i have a few green acros with purple polyp types like upscales microclados and katrapora that aren't ugly, but without the PE they're pretty samey with other green acros. rr the vinh is another that looks cool enough, but the bright purple polyps are certainly missing so it's just a creamy white acro

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

ScottB

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my basement frag system has tons of PE and no dwarf angels. My display has many of the same corals, a dwarf angel and very limited PE. While they don't share the same water supply, the parameters track very closely.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back