Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience is yes. More time to acclimate for light (thin tissue), more sensitive to parameter changes and like cleaner water. Often the first to complain about missed water changes. They appreciate the stability of a larger and mature aquarium.

OP
OP
Yehuda Dana

Yehuda Dana

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience is yes. More time to acclimate for light (thin tissue), more sensitive to parameter changes and like cleaner water. Often the first to complain about missed water changes. They appreciate the stability of a larger and mature aquarium.
Thank you!

Could you please explain what do you mean by "more time to acclimate for light"?
I mean that in most of the cases, Tenuis reports as high (I would say even very high) lights demands - so how will new Tenuis react light/hight power/position during the acclimation?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stable water parms is the key to longevity for sps and pretty much everything. The first things you will need to have imo.....is an ato and good stable heater/controller. This will stabilize your salinity and prevent big swings in temp in the tank. This is just the basics to get started. Sort of the ground work sort of speak. Without these being stable there is no need to try and stabilize your supplements yet.

Personally I do not do water changes on aquariums for nutrient import/export and water quality. I use reactors, skimming and auto supplements, etc to keep water parameters where it needs to be. I check once a week at minimum on parms to make sure they are within range. This is the key no matter which method you prefer is constant checking. You can get it down to a science after a bit and it doesn't require as much checking. This is a personal regiment you can setup yourself.

Once you get these under wraps. You can keep whatever you want.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My parameters swing everyday and I don’t have any problems with 70+ Tenuis. The only issues I’ve ever had came from pests (vermatid snails and parasitic copepods).
Tenuis do not like over stripped water

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience with reefing. All parms swing as you dose etc. I try to keep nice sine wave of data plots on those I'm monitoring. It's the big swings that cause problems if you are keeping track of them.

Big swings are not liked by any coral that I have experience with.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Charlie’s Frags

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s your problem OP

You over stripped your water

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Yehuda Dana

Yehuda Dana

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stable water parms is the key to longevity for sps and pretty much everything. The first things you will need to have imo.....is an ato and good stable heater/controller. This will stabilize your salinity and prevent big swings in temp in the tank. This is just the basics to get started. Sort of the ground work sort of speak. Without these being stable there is no need to try and stabilize your supplements yet.

Personally I do not do water changes on aquariums for nutrient import/export and water quality. I use reactors, skimming and auto supplements, etc to keep water parameters where it needs to be. I check once a week at minimum on parms to make sure they are within range. This is the key no matter which method you prefer is constant checking. You can get it down to a science after a bit and it doesn't require as much checking. This is a personal regiment you can setup yourself.

Once you get these under wraps. You can keep whatever you want.
I think that
My parameters swing everyday and I don’t have any problems with 70+ Tenuis. The only issues I’ve ever had came from pests (vermatid snails and parasitic copepods).
Over 70 Tenuis??? wow!
What do you mean by over stripped water?
Over 70 Tenuis? Wiw!

Charlie’s Frags

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that

Over 70 Tenuis??? wow!

Over 70 Tenuis? Wiw!

Using oversized skimmer, nutrient reducing media or chemicals.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Biota Marine Life
Back