Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, sort of. As an example, I'm assuming BTA is an acronym for Bubble-tipped Anemone? I am trying desperately to learn more from this site in order to become a better reefer, but I keep reading posts and comments with acronyms that aren't in the typical dictionary for me to look them up to understand. It seems hard to learn when everyone speaks a different "language". I'm not complaining, just asking for help. Is there a site where there is a list of typical reefer terms? (Pardon the pun!):rolleyes:

Maybe if there was a single thread or forum to alphabetize acronyms common to those of you with more experience than those of us who are just struggling to keep things alive. :D

helen ann

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, sort of. As an example, I'm assuming BTA is an acronym for Bubble-tipped Anemone? I am trying desperately to learn more from this site in order to become a better reefer, but I keep reading posts and comments with acronyms that aren't in the typical dictionary for me to look them up to understand. It seems hard to learn when everyone speaks a different "language". I'm not complaining, just asking for help. Is there a site where there is a list of typical reefer terms? (Pardon the pun!):rolleyes:

Maybe if there was a single thread or forum to alphabetize acronyms common to those of you with more experience than those of us who are just struggling to keep things alive. :D
Yes ... BTA = Bubble Tip Anemone ;)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
CLICK TO VIEW
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Hanna
Back