Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another nice piece from the LFS that they didn’t have a name for. I’m wanting to saw it’s a Cali tort. Thoughts?
8C2D3124-793E-466D-86E6-0E8D7034BC62.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Coral Euphoria

Aquaculturist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it's a tort and sculpin's guesses are what I would guess, but if you were to sell/trade/give away a piece later, I wouldn't call it by any of those existing trade names if the piece wasn't bought with that name (not saying that you would or that's your intention). Or maybe add "variant' or "faux" are my suggestions. I think too many people do this and it is one cause of a lot of fake pieces being passed around, whether it's on purpose or inadvertantly.

Oh and BTW, that is a nice piece!

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it's a tort and sculpin's guesses are what I would guess, but if you were to sell/trade/give away a piece later, I wouldn't call it by any of those existing trade names if the piece wasn't bought with that name (not saying that you would or that's your intention). Or maybe add "variant' or "faux" are my suggestions. I think too many people do this and it is one cause of a lot of fake pieces being passed around, whether it's on purpose or inadvertantly.

Oh and BTW, that is a nice piece!
Exactly my thoughts. Waiting for the manager of the LFS to get back to me on what it was listed under when they ordered it.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty dissimilar to my Yellow Tip and I bought it from ORA. Clearly an austera though.
They had another frag from the same colony that was showing more yellow in some of the tips. Time will tell once it starts coloring up I suppose.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back