Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, got an acid wash green bta, had it for a month or so. My ocellaris clowns took to it about 3 days ago now. But not sure if because it's smaller then them, if the bta is doing good. It's closed up and extending randomly.. doesn't bubble up a lot. Can't really get a picture of it because of where he took to the tank. But he hasn't moved at all. Just wondering if there's a good description to go off of, what a healthy anemone should look like.

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vera94
Hi try and get picture in white light.
nems do deflate when lights are out and open write out when white lights are on . My nems don’t really bubble but do open up with light . And it could be as blaxsun has said too much from the fish which will close them up . I which you the best of look with your nem. Here is a photo of one of mine close up hope this helps
56A186B0-8F65-4B13-B428-7A1E8AAF335D.jpeg

Last edited:
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Vera94

Vera94

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vera94
Hi try and get picture in white light.
nems do deflate when lights are out and open write out when white lights are on . My nems don’t really bubble but do open up with light . And it could be as blaxsun has said too much from the fish which will close them up . I which you the best of look with your nem. Here is a photo of one of mine close up hope this helps View attachment 3124121
I was going to try, but it's to far in the back of the tank. I hope it makes it. I'm thinking it's a bit small for the clowny that's rubbing all in it an trying to lay in it. Maybe I'll give them a bigger one to try if this doesn't work out. Thanks! Yours is awesome looking!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the anemone and clown been in the tank ?
the anemone could be adjusting but I’ll also agree with above where clowns can irritate smaller anemones
If the anemone doesn’t eventually open up I would consider separating the clown from the anemone and see if the anemone opens .

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Uncle99

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, got an acid wash green bta, had it for a month or so. My ocellaris clowns took to it about 3 days ago now. But not sure if because it's smaller then them, if the bta is doing good. It's closed up and extending randomly.. doesn't bubble up a lot. Can't really get a picture of it because of where he took to the tank. But he hasn't moved at all. Just wondering if there's a good description to go off of, what a healthy anemone should look like.
IMG_1626.jpeg

This one 5 years old.
Stuck tight, never moves, bubbles right up when tank lit.
Smaller and no bubble at night.

OP
OP
Vera94

Vera94

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine stays stringy.. it was bubbly when I got it, but it's been long and stringy since I got it. Does that mean anything? I'm honestly still new to anemones. Never had the greatest luck with them.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back