Achilles hybrid tang or powder blue hybrid tang tang

Nutramar

Achilles hybrid tang or powder blue hybrid tang?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gman6766

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to see what everyone would choose between a achilles hybrid tang or a powder blue hybrid tang? As soon as I decide which one i like more i see a pic of the other and it just goes on and on. Looking to get one of the 2. What do you all like better if could have one or the other?

(Photos i found online not mine)

HybridAchillesNov182022_144622.jpg images (15).jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to see what everyone would choose between a achilles hybrid tang or a powder blue hybrid tang? As soon as I decide which one i like more i see a pic of the other and it just goes on and on. Looking to get one of the 2. What do you all like better if could have one or the other?

(Photos i found online not mine)

View attachment 3155808 View attachment 3155812
Nothing beats the Hybrid achilles.
I love the steel blue on the Powder Blue Hybrid but it’s just the overall fish doesn’t look amazing when it’s hybridised. I dislike Powder blue if I’m honest and have always lent towards the Achilles and their hybrids. But if I had an Achilles hybrid and a Goldrim infront of me I’d go the gold rim. I just love the grey/black body with highlights of yellow and a white caudal fin.
So then throw in the hybrid Powder Brown x Gold Rim and it’s a whole new game IMO. The fleck of gold on the tail is stunning.
0BC3A8A5-A16C-46A9-97ED-EA7A3AF37A3E.jpeg

Cheese Griller

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The contrast of the body and gold rim on the powder blue hybrids is really hard to beat! I also like that the powder blue hybrids usually retain the yellow on the tail, as opposed to the orange on the Achilles. It gives the fish a more uniform look IMO. The powder blue hybrids also appear to be more consistent from my experience. The Achilles hybrids tend to range more in appearance.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the non hybrid versions of both. The hybrids just look like a muted version of the original and the Achilles loses the signature orange tear, which I think is the coolest part. The powder blue just looks like someone turned down the saturation.

Dave1993

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the non hybrid versions of both. The hybrids just look like a muted version of the original and the Achilles loses the signature orange tear, which I think is the coolest part. The powder blue just looks like someone turned down the saturation.
i like the powder blue hybrid but achilles >>>>> hybrid by a long mile

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I on the other hand like the Pure Powder Blue Tang and the Pure Achilles Tang. I get it, the hybridized tangs are rarer and more expensive, but IMO, the looks of the pure-bred tangs are better.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

FnR
Back