Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a crisis of faith when it comes to the temperature of the water in my 90/40 aquarium. I now have 5 different thermometers/probes that are reading 5 entirely different temperatures. To be fair, two of the probes can be calibrated so I don't really count them. The new SICCE pump I just installed also has a temp probe and yes....reading completely different from anywhere else. These measurements are off by 1 to 2 degrees. I know from experience that most heaters fall within that range of accuracy ....not really concerned with that as I have a good controller and I'm using a SENEYE to monitor.

What I would like to find is the cheapest (not trying to be ironic) and accurate, pre-calibrated hand held thermometer so that I can calibrate the rest of my equipment. I have a Thermopen I use for cooking but it only reads single degrees. I need something that can read tenths.

Anyone have any suggestions?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Hats_

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just have one of these... who cares if its not accurate to the tenths?

PXL_20230325_195703157.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the reason I run a controller. I never have to be concerned about too much heat or not enough. The controller maintains temperature and I get a warning if something is amiss. I can remotely be notified and make adjustment if needed.
I use a finnix heater with the controller.

Nutramar Foods

Rick's Reviews

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A floating glass thermometer is cheapest by far, digital temperature gages, probes etc work the same regardless of brand, your aquarium is in ALL different temperatures... your heat source area will be hotter than the furthest point away from this, the bottom of your aquarium will be colder then the top, you may get hot/cold spots concentrated in dead spots of your aquarium where little or no flow so regardless on what equipment you use, you will always get different readings

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back