About to nuke my tank with interceptor

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I finally got the right kind of interceptor for my black bug issue. Let's hope this works. They are on my zoa's most of my montipora and some acros. They have killed my forest fire digis after smothering them. I've used coral rx and the Bayer stuff to kill them and I saw how many there were. They are very small and smothered my coral almost to death before I dipped it a d now it's coming back

I'm going to use 1 23 mg pill for large dogs of the milbecyin oxime to my red sea 625xxl which is probably about 120 gallons after dispersion. This is an increased dose which I guess is what works better for black bugs.

The plan is to shut off UV light, but keep pump running. Turn off carbon reactor, remove skimmer cup but leave pump on to keep water oxygenated and let it run through my tank for 24 hours and then do a 20% water change.

Repeat for 3 weeks meaning week 1 dose, then water change after 24 hours resume normal operation. Then wait a week to then repeat and then 1 more time.

Let's see what happens. I'll report back

OP
OP
alindell

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Sucks I couldn't get my cleaner shrimp out. They are actually smarter than my fish and are very shy of any bets or traps. Very hard to catch. Got out my hermits though. Hopefully my fish, clams, corals, starfish snails are not hurt. I've read it only really goes after shrimp, crabs, and copepods

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know guys using double that dosage for white bugs as did I. not sure about black. If it doesn’t work, hit it with double. Do you have pics of the black bug infestation? I haven’t dealt with them yet.

OP
OP
alindell

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a video. It's on a digital frag.

Attachments

• VID_20240626_195301.mp4
    14.5 MB
OP
OP
alindell

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So good news and bad news.

Good news: The treatment seemed to work on my SPS. The frag that I could see that was covered with them doesn't show any black specs.

Bad news: my cleaner shrimp died, one still survived and I can still see some black specs on my zoanthids and near the rock of my zoanthids, so maybe they avoided the medication or they are different critters. It's hard to tell because they are so small and look identical in movement size and color.

I think I'm going to increase the dosage to maybe two large pills since I know it works for the second treatment. I want to nuke these things.

OP
OP
alindell

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a short video of it. Can anyone identify or give some advice on what these are and why they didn't die while the same looking things on my montis did..I'm assuming they are the same? It's just weird why they would die on one coral but not another.

Attachments

• VID_20240724_182136.mp4
    17.9 MB

akaimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So good news and bad news.

Good news: The treatment seemed to work on my SPS. The frag that I could see that was covered with them doesn't show any black specs.

Bad news: my cleaner shrimp died, one still survived and I can still see some black specs on my zoanthids and near the rock of my zoanthids, so maybe they avoided the medication or they are different critters. It's hard to tell because they are so small and look identical in movement size and color.

I think I'm going to increase the dosage to maybe two large pills since I know it works for the second treatment. I want to nuke these things.
I have the in tank treatment medicine for all bugs ready for trial. Basically it works the same way as the interceprtor but without the fillers. No water change needed. Just need to turn skimmer back on and let it do the work after the 8 hour treatment. Please let me know if you want to try it out. It will be free of cost to first 5 people who PM me. Just have to pay for shipping.

OP
OP
alindell

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the in tank treatment medicine for all bugs ready for trial. Basically it works the same way as the interceprtor but without the fillers. No water change needed. Just need to turn skimmer back on and let it do the work after the 8 hour treatment. Please let me know if you want to try it out. It will be free of cost to first 5 people who PM me. Just have to pay for shipping.

What is it?

OP
OP
alindell

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The interceptor I used killed the black bugs already on my SPS but I think the ones on my zoa's are still there so I'm not sure the interceptor does anything to them but I could take a bottle for future use

akaimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The interceptor I used killed the black bugs already on my SPS but I think the ones on my zoa's are still there so I'm not sure the interceptor does anything to them but I could take a bottle for future use
oh wow! i am guessing the stuff on the zoa is not a bug and might be a tiny worm.

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back