Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I set up my 125g approximately one year ago with dry rock. I realize now this was a mistake as my tank is still going through the "ugly phase." I won a battle with dinos some months ago only to since be inundated with diatoms, GHA, bubble algae, cyano and everything else in between. Having my protein skimmer on only seems to make the algae proliferate faster, so I've taken to leaving it off. In the past few weeks I've suddenly become overwhelmed with coralline algae (a win I guess), but it primarily likes to grow on the front glass (of course). I'm also utilizing a UV sterilizer that I've seen marginal benefit from (mainly helped with dinos).

My CUC consists of Trochus, Astraea, and Nassarius and they seem to be multiplying fine, although I have to say, I don't really see them making much of an impact. I'm considering getting a fighting conch for the sand bed and some type of urchin. I've also added copious amounts of a five species copepod blend over the past several months and just started dosing with bacteria this past weekend.

Any other suggestions? I'm almost tempted to drop a piece of live rock in there at this point because I'm tired of the eye sore that is my tank.

Last edited:
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back