Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone having long term success with a polymnus and haddoni anemone? I read a few older posts about saddleback clowns being very boisterous and hurting / killing anemones. Not sure if some people here have had long term success with these clowns and their anemones? If so, how are these clowns with the anemone (or kept without ?) and how is the level of aggression towards other fish? Thanks

CLICK TO VIEW
Nutramar Foods

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gm yes. I had polymnus pair hosting my blue haddoni carpet years ago. U can see in the bottom of this pic and that Kenya was crazy big
IMG_5192.jpeg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
H

Henk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No reply is your answer.
I guess if you ask about everybody experiences with A. polymnus and S. haddoni, you should get more reply.
Hm yes i should have put the title a bit different...dont think i can edit it now?
But I guess maybe not so many people are keeping these clownfish.

Top Shelf Aquatics

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm yes i should have put the title a bit different...dont think i can edit it now?
But I guess maybe not so many people are keeping these clownfish.
It’s not as popular as the others but I like that about them. Would def get latezonatus and a Madagascar if I had the room. Even a
True percula.

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like Hudson, I used to think, Polymnus and Haddoni is a natural combination, how bad can it be?
I got a pair of Black Polymnus and my Green Haddoni and my Blue haddoni in that tank. Underfeed fish is not a problem I have, rather, my fish always fat and a tad overfed. The anemones were healthy and having no problem. The clowns keep on digging into the mouth of the anemone and ripped up their innards. One of their favorite places to be is inside the anemones.
They killed the Blue, and by the time I got them out, I was not able to save the green one. That was one expensive lesson to learn. No A. polymnus for me, black or brown.

OP
OP
H

Henk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like Hudson, I used to think, Polymnus and Haddoni is a natural combination, how bad can it be?
I got a pair of Black Polymnus and my Green Haddoni and my Blue haddoni in that tank. Underfeed fish is not a problem I have, rather, my fish always fat and a tad overfed. The anemones were healthy and having no problem. The clowns keep on digging into the mouth of the anemone and ripped up their innards. One of their favorite places to be is inside the anemones.
They killed the Blue, and by the time I got them out, I was not able to save the green one. That was one expensive lesson to learn. No A. polymnus for me, black or brown.
yes I read that in one of your messages here...so i was wondering if there were many people with other experiences

Kris4647

Rare Clownfish anemone aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a trio in a haddoni for 3/4 years in the 90’s. Don’t recall that particular problem.

Captivity produces such anomalous behaviors coupled with a relatively small sample size I’m not sure how you’d come to any conclusions.

Interesting scuba footage for fun

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Battlecorals
Back