Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello with all, I am French, I live in the north of France beside Lille. First of all I will like to say to you that your zoa' s are superb. In France, we do not find these colors, almost all our zoa' s are brown, you have really chance.
Afflicted for my English who is not good, I hope that you will understand me. I think of especially making a nanoreef of 7.7 gallons for the zoanthus, And I will like to know if my set up is correct.
:D :D
For do mixing I think of putting a 1200 liters/hour old pump that think about it?? For will lighting I like to put PC, 4 or 6 of 9 Watts mixed think that that will go???? A heating of 50 Watts.
No skimmer.
For the moment, I have only two species of zoa' S and a propalythoa in my pico of 2 gallons. They are much less beautiful than them your but as I have say it front, it is hard to find beautiful colors in France.
img0298bismediumah8.jpg

img0296mediumco4.jpg

img0327mediumsg6.jpg

pict0006bismediumee9.jpg

thanks for you... :D :D

BRS

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow.. welcome to club-zoa..

your pico looks very clean looking..

there's some people here that can chime in on your plans for the 7 gallon..

the site referred to above is an excellent read.. :)

good luck and keep us posted..

Marvin

gflat65

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pink and greens, Trull.

I'd say your set up should be fine. I have a 5.5 gal at work (soon to be upgraded to a 10 gallon) with (2) screw in PC bulbs from Coralife (20W each), a small hang on the back filter, a small powerhead, and a small heater. The heater rarely comes on, BTW. The lighting seems to allow everything to grow nicely. As long as you do some sort of water change on a regular basis, you will be fine. I have found that on tanks without skimmers, surface skimming is very beneficial. You can buy small surface skimmers for around $10 US. they connect to a filter or powerhead. There is a floating 'crown' for lack of a better word that moves up and down as the water level fluctuates so you don't burn out the motor on the device it is connected to. The surface is skimmed through the 'crown' and enters the filter or powerhead. I would recommend a filter as the device to use in conjunction with the surface skimmer, as this will remove the layer skimmed off the surface. I run carbon pads in my small HOB filter to help keep water clear.

AngieN.

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's the 7g minibow it is a cool little tank. I have one that I have plans for. I currently have 2 x 32w 50/50 pc bulbs in a canopy but only live rock and sand since winter. I'm planning on making it a zoa only tank with maybe one or two small fish. Can't wait to watch yours come together, oh and WELCOME!!

Top Shelf Aquatics

gflat65

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran my wife's 20L with a skimmer and had stinky water issues. I added the surface skimmer and have since removed the protein skimmer and and I'm getting better results. Every small tank I have has one ((2)-20 gallon long, 5.5 gallon, 7.5 gallon frag tank).

OP
OP
Trull

Trull

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello and thanks you for your answers....We doesn't have this material with 10$ in france but I will see whether it is possible me to make it deliver the U.K. No; it'is not a minibow (because us let us not have either by on our premises), I think of even doing it me. For my pico of 2 gallons thank you for your compliments I have'manufactured me even and of it am really content. My zoanthus is not comparable with yours they are much less beautiful. In France, my zoanthus is very rare and I dream to have the same one as you.
Thank you for your answers.... :D :D :D

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Trull

Trull

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and thank you for your answers. It's true that this skimmer is bettre.To answer Gflat65, it' is true that that could be well but I think that that will be too complicated because the times of the post office are excessively long and from the blow the zoanthus will die and that I do not want but thank you for your 'idea. I find just like the eagles eyes superb the blue ones.
It's a dream for me...
:D :D :D
Thank you for your acceuil. Know a magazin which exports zoanthus towards France?I have a new 'idea for mixing, I changed think of boring the vat of 3 holes, 2 for mixing and 1 for aspiration.

For the lighting , how much Watts think it is necessary to maintain the zoanthus suitably??? i have a stupid question, what you nourish your zoanthus? so yes with what?
Thanks for your anwsers...
:D :D

gflat65

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I was thinking of sending a surface skimmer or two from Germany, but what are customs like between countries in Europe? I know customs here can be a nigthmare, but it seems like small postal items aren't as well checked. I deal with customs for shipments from Germany for machine parts, but they are alot stricter on industrial tyoe manufactured items, so packaged mail may not get a second glance...

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Trull

Trull

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh ok escuse me I had not very iunderstood. I am not very good in english .it will go for the skimmer do not annoy you. Thank you to have proposed it to me.
For the ligting, how much wttas for my 7 gallons???
What do you nourish your zoa's???with what???
thank's for your anwsers... :D :D

OP
OP
Trull

Trull

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my lighting I think of putting PC, but I can have a MH of 70 Watts, for 7 gallons, it is better than the PC or not??? I thought of 20.000°K
Thanks for your answers... :D :D :D

OP
OP
Trull

Trull

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello , my project evolved a little. I think of doing one 10 gallons. For mixing, I bought 2 new jet of 1200L/hours. For the light, I will buy 2 PC of 36 Watts, one white, one blue.
Think that lighting will be ok??? :D :D :D

Nutramar Foods

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trull said:
hello , my project evolved a little. I think of doing one 10 gallons. For mixing, I bought 2 new jet of 1200L/hours. For the light, I will buy 2 PC of 36 Watts, one white, one blue.
Think that lighting will be ok??? :D :D :D

should be good enough for keeping zoas... :)

Marvin

gflat65

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran (2) screw in style 20W PC bulbs (50/50) from Coralife over a 5.5 gallon. The zoas did great. I have upgraded and will be using a modified double 55W PC strip for them now over a 10 gallon. If you have access to Odyssea bulbs, they seem to have the most color. I run a 50/50 and an actinic over my frag tank and they give good color (for zoas). They are also much cheaper than other brands. I replace bulbs every six months, so long term quality can be compromised.

OP
OP
Trull

Trull

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you very much. Thus you use 55watts more one actinic for your 10 gallons. Thus I will have to be well then... unfortunately we do not have access to this mark... :cry:

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Trull

Trull

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have questions about my zoanthus pink and green I will like to know the name of this species, from where it comes. Which are its needs? How to make so that the color remains most beautiful? How to make so that it grow most quickly in my Pico???
Thanks in advance :D :D :D

OP
OP
Trull

Trull

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello with all... I have a question concerning this cutting of zoanthus... when I had it it resembled that
pict0006bismediumee9.jpg

and now, it resembles that
iii037qq3.jpg

Know you to it final color of this species of zoanthus????

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back