Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally to the plumbing stage of my 300 and this a schematic of what I’m thinking. I’ll be running 2x ecotech m2’s for return pumps. Both will have 1” plumbing till the bulkheads in the top (6 total bulkheads across the top of the tank,3 per pump) which they will then reduce down to 3/4” loclines. My main question is im going to be plumbing in a 3” 90w lifeguard Uv light. The red hash marks are where I’ll have ball valves. Does this look correct? Also planning to mount this behemoth uv filter on the wall behind my tank vertically since I can mount into a stud. Should I go with a ball valve that’s 1” or larger for the uv side?

BD94B5CC-A6F5-4399-BD5F-186DF5715568.jpeg

Avast
OP
OP
N

nate167

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks correct. Just make sure the water enters through the bottom of the UV and exits through the top of the UV so that air bubbles don't get caught in it. I would keep the ball valves 1in or larger.
Thanks I’m going to be running a hydros system and would put a flow meter on before the inlet to monitor.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
N

nate167

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im not following the need for the ball valves? seems like useless plumbing. i would just run one pump straight to the uv then split it 3 ways after, since you have a controllable pump
I was going to have ball valves for a few reasons. 1. I can run the pump at a higher speed to achieve enough turnover through the sump. 2. When I need to service the uv for either bulb change or issues with it I can isolate the uv while still running the pump. 3. If the other pump fails I could then run this one at max flow but still control how much is passing through the uv.
Just trying to set up redundancy and be prepared in case issues arise

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back