Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so ive wanted a saltwater reef tank for as long as i can remember, and i finally got a good opprtunity to get one started. i am getting an established tank with fish and coral. 75 gallon. the issue i have now is the stand. i have been searching all over the internet for a stand that will both look nice and hide the sump. i have had zero luck. can anyone point me in the right direction?

BRS

mike550

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@coywinans a lot of people build their own stands. Honestly, building a solid frame is easy. Making the outside look nice is the hard part. :)

Petco, Petsmart both sell stands. Check with your LFS they might know some local cabinet makers that know how to build something for you. Just figure that water weighs around 8.6 lbs/G so the cabinet needs to hold at least about 650 lbs of water just for the tank.

OP
OP
C

coywinans

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@coywinans a lot of people build their own stands. Honestly, building a solid frame is easy. Making the outside look nice is the hard part. :)

Petco, Petsmart both sell stands. Check with your LFS they might know some local cabinet makers that know how to build something for you. Just figure that water weighs around 8.6 lbs/G so the cabinet needs to hold at least about 650 lbs of water just for the tank.
been having trouble finding anythin gat petco that would suit my needs. i am going to look into my LFS thpough. thanks for the advice!

AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Cultivated Reef
Back