Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running a few AI Prime HD's on my 75gallon. Looking to upgrade lights. Don't want to spend an absolute arm and a leg.

Would I be better off getting 2 older Gen xr30s or 2 Noopsyche lights?

Top Shelf Aquatics

MarineandReef Jaron

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I sell LED lights I don't sell either of these brands so I don't have a dog in the fight.

IMO, I do not like buying used LED lights unless the price is ridiculously low. I have found that on average most LED lights last 5 years with some lasting closer to 7 years (if they are well-maintained, and perhaps with some parts replaced.) I would take a new light with a warranty and no unknown previous user abuse over a used light with no warranty and an unknown care record.

If the choice is between used Radions and new Noopsches I would do the new Noopsches.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look into led bar options like quantareef or orphek. These can be added to the current setup and can help with shadowing issues that can happen while using small form factor leds. People use these regularly to add pop and par to their lighting setups.
Noopsyche isnt a bad option if you went that route and im with Jaron on used led lights usually not being worth it

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree about considering adding a bar or 2 to the Primes. Another thing I would consider is, if you like the Primes, adding 2 more. 4 Primes would be similar to 2 Noopsyches, only you could space them better.

I also don't love the idea of used LEDs.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Black Label Aquatics
Back