6040 Simple Battery backup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a reliable system, you will go with a Deep Cycle Marine Battery. Mine ran two 12 volt pumps for Six Days, without dropping below 12 volts on the Battery During a test. Got bored with checking the battery multiple times during the day. Also if you get into a pinch, you could always source another battery quickly. Take the Deep Cycle Battery, to where there is power and recharge it. You’ll need the Battery, Battery Box, RIB “Relay in a Box.” Battery Charger/Maintainer, Small Wire Enclosure, 12 volt pumps, 12 volt 5.1 mm X 2.1 mm patch cords. Distilled Water.

rvitko

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We generally are not suggesting such large batteries, this can be a safety hazard, what we typically recommend is either a 12V lantern battery which will run a 6040 for a few hours or a typical 10aHr Gel Cell, this is typically like what is in a kids Power Wheels toy car, this will give you about 12 hrs of run time. The main concern I would have here is that it would be a lithium battery and seems to be made in China, I generally am very nervous about lithium batteries, especially when made on the cheap and used near water.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Brite the professionals choice
Back