Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 6 line wrasse and mai tai clownfish have seemed to pair up and terrorize their tank mates. They’re stalking out the entrance to the cave my firefish hides in and then chase him around the tank the rare times he comes out. They sort of leave the lawnmower blenny alone other than encroaching on his space but do try and get him to submit.
I knew mai tai clowns were aggressive but I didn’t think 6 line wrasse would get that aggressive.
Probably best I don’t put anything else in the tank?

Top Shelf Aquatics

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 line wrasses can be very aggressive, especially in nano size tanks, sorry you found out the hard way. Your poor firefish won't live long under its current conditions I would recommend catching him and taking him to your LFS.

I would also recommend removing the 6 line since the confines of a 10g just makes them even more aggressive. The clownfish might leave the blenny alone once it's just the 2 of them, but again 10g isn't much space for a territorial clownfish to share.

Top Shelf Aquatics

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? Tank size has a lot to do with aggression. Your post doesnt show your tank size, but above posts say you have 10 gallon, 10 gallon is way too small for 4 fish. A 6 line should be in at least a 30 gallon.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? Tank size has a lot to do with aggression. Your post doesnt show your tank size, but above posts say you have 10 gallon, 10 gallon is way too small for 4 fish. A 6 line should be in at least a 30 gallon.
I looked at OP's build thread for tank size.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Cultivated Reef
Back