Lgara1303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am currently going to be starting my 50 gallon lowboy tank so I am just wondering what you guys recommend for stock options the tank dimensions are 48 x 24 x 10 I would really like one showpiece fish like a small tang but not sure what I would go with really looking for your guys opinion on a bigger fish for this tank I have some ideas for smaller fish I’d like to keep in there but feel free to drop recommendations for smaller fish as well. Also would like some fish that serve purpose I am upgrading from my current frag tank that has a file fish and neon Gobi in it. I am planning to have around five or maybe six fish in this tank to produce a good bio load as I have a 40 gallon sump and a protein skimmer rated for a light load of 150 and heavy for 50 gallons. So I know I should be able to handle a few fish. Whatever fish I do get I will wait until I find one that is a complete juvenile and can grow into the tank. I also would like something that I’m not gonna have to get rid of later down the road.

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am currently going to be starting my 50 gallon lowboy tank so I am just wondering what you guys recommend for stock options the tank dimensions are 48 x 24 x 10 I would really like one showpiece fish like a small tang but not sure what I would go with really looking for your guys opinion on a bigger fish for this tank I have some ideas for smaller fish I’d like to keep in there but feel free to drop recommendations for smaller fish as well. Also would like some fish that serve purpose I am upgrading from my current frag tank that has a file fish and neon Gobi in it. I am planning to have around five or maybe six fish in this tank to produce a good bio load as I have a 40 gallon sump and a protein skimmer rated for a light load of 150 and heavy for 50 gallons. So I know I should be able to handle a few fish. Whatever fish I do get I will wait until I find one that is a complete juvenile and can grow into the tank. I also would like something that I’m not gonna have to get rid of later down the road.
A khole's tang is always my go-to for a small tank

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A khole's tang is always my go-to for a small tank
Do you think a kole tang would be able to be grown in that size of tank ? That’s my main concern is getting attached to one and having to trade it in. Like I said, my biggest thing is going to be getting one as small as I can… I’ve even seen really small copper bands and foxface but think they will get to big

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think a kole tang would be able to be grown in that size of tank ? That’s my main concern is getting attached to one and having to trade it in. Like I said, my biggest thing is going to be getting one as small as I can… I’ve even seen really small copper bands and foxface but think they will get to big
I've seen them work in 55 gallons. Don't see it getting too big.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back