Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading several threads on fumigation, I've decided to temporarily relocate my livestock and 70g tank (and 29g sump) for 4-5 days. I have a 100g tub with live (ish) rock, 5 miles away, that i've been using to grow chaeto for the last year and I'm pretty confident I can transfer my live rock/coral/fish into that. It's recently clean with new saltwater.

This task will probably take me 2 days to do properly, using plastic bags and large tote rubbermaids. And i think with 20-30% daily water changes over the 5 days, I can keep water chem good and trauma to a minimum..??

My other concern is my display tanks 2" sand bed and miracle mud bed in my sump. Moving those 5 miles in my truck bed will be like a 20min tsunami.
Should I just move it then refill the display (partially) and sump and have the water circulate via power heads? or trash the DT sand and start out with dry new? or 50/50 dry new and old? I have a lot of inverts too, not sure if they should stay with the rock/coral or in the DT/sand....

thanks for any advice. also tank re-setup tips would be helpful.

-Keola

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back