Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping to setup a 40 breeder predator tank this december. I plan on housing a flame angle, dwarf lion, jaw fish, and some chromis. I know the lion and chromis is a bit of a risk but I can always intervene if necessary. For filtration, I was gonna do the secret tidal filter full of marine pure. I was also gonna have a aquamax biopellet reactor along with the aquamax hob 1.5 skimmer. Along with weekly 25% water changes, do you guys think this will keep the nitrates down from the inhabitant, especially the lion? I also plan to just do soft and lps. Thanks

Nutramar Foods

Bhor217

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a good start, a sump setup would be best if possible.

I don’t believe that setup will be enough to keep corals happy with the bioload you mentioned, but would be adequate assuming you have a good amount of live rock in tank/bio filtration as well.

William Robinson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a grow out predator tank that is a 40 breeder. I use a Seachem Tidal 75 and a BH-1000 HOB protein skimmer. I am currently growing out a Lion, Marble Bamboo and a Blue spotted grouper. the tank is pristine clean. The skimmer is way over sized which helps incredibly and I also target feed each individual. As for coral I put some softy frags in there just for some color and to give to friends when they want. In the Tidal 75 I run a medium bag of ChemPure Elite and the Matrix bag that comes with the filter. I also have 30lbs of live rock, 20lbs of live sand.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Is this the LFS

Is this the LFS

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a grow out predator tank that is a 40 breeder. I use a Seachem Tidal 75 and a BH-1000 HOB protein skimmer. I am currently growing out a Lion, Marble Bamboo and a Blue spotted grouper. the tank is pristine clean. The skimmer is way over sized which helps incredibly and I also target feed each individual. As for coral I put some softy frags in there just for some color and to give to friends when they want. In the Tidal 75 I run a medium bag of ChemPure Elite and the Matrix bag that comes with the filter. I also have 30lbs of live rock, 20lbs of live sand.
So what are your thoughts on the filtration? I’m probably gonna ditch the jawfish and angel and do two lionfish and some chromis instead

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Diaper
Back