Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m not really looking for additional mechanical filtration as much as I am a rubble rock and macro algae pod farm that also helps with nutrient export, incorporating a rdsb as well

would I still need baffles and what not or could I just plumb it and let flow do the rest of the work?

also, any tips for a good overflow box and size to look for? This is a first for me

Last edited:
World Wide Corals

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m not really looking for additional mechanical filtration as much as I am a rubble rock and macro algae pod farm that also helps with nutrient export, incorporating a rdsb as well

would I still need baffles and what not or could I just plumb it and let flow do the rest of the work?

also, any tips for a good overflow box and size to look for? This is a first for me

I have my 40B sump set up for this type of application. First chamber is full of rock rubble, large fuge, then return. My baffles are as follows left to right.
I put an egg crate rack in the rock chamber to aid in flow and keep rock off the bottom.
1 full baffle raised 1.5 inches off bottom
1 baffle 2 inches away that is 4 inches (roughly) tall.
1 baffle that goes from the bottom to form a weir
1 baffle 2 inches away that is raised 1.5 inches from the bottom.
20210211_182614.jpg

OP
OP
P

PhilMStudy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at overflow boxes, 75g DT, 40g breed sump/fuge, figure I’ll push 80-90 gallons of actual water...

cpr vs e-shopp seems like my choice, tips? Also, would an 800gph pump be enough?

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Corals.com
Back