Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I currently have 2 clowns and a watchman goby/pistol shrimp combo. I plan on also having a royal gramma, neon dottyback, and both/or a pygmy angel and wrasse for my 40g breeder.

Does that sound overstocked? I don’t have a sump but do run a hob protein skimmer and power filter. Tank has been up and running for 6 months or so.

Sill very new and don’t want to harm my fish.

thanks!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I currently have 2 clowns and a watchman goby/pistol shrimp combo. I plan on also having a royal gramma, neon dottyback, and both/or a pygmy angel and wrasse for my 40g breeder.

Does that sound overstocked? I don’t have a sump but do run a hob protein skimmer and power filter. Tank has been up and running for 6 months or so.

Sill very new and don’t want to harm my fish.

thanks!
That won’t be overstocked but be careful with the Royal Gramma and any Dottyback. These two are relatively close in relation and may fight - The dottyback would likely come off as victor.

A Pygmy Angel may be too big for a 40 Breeder as most of them get into the 4-5” range, the same occurs with the wrasses however if you go for a less active species such as a Macropharyngodon (Leopard) Wrasse it should be alright.
As for the Angel, if you can try get a Centropyge fisheri or a Centropyge flavicauda, these are the smallest of the Dwarf Angels and will likely be alright in a 40G Breeder.

Upvote 0
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back