30g frag ---> 93 gallon cube Do I really want it?

Dr4gula.f32

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 years ago I got a 10 gallon freshwater tank. I didnt even put water in it before I decided I needed an upgrade and got a 20 gallon. And then 3 months later I got a 45 tall, and a month later it all got moved into a 50 breeder.

Then 4 months ago I set up a reef tank in a 20g. A week later I decided it was too small and got a 30g frag. I love the frag tank, being able to look down over it. Recently, local to me a 93g rimless cube has come up for sale at an excellent price.

I want it.

I'm not sure if I want the responsibility though.

I rent a house. I just moved here 2 years ago. The landlords love me, but, what if something happened. 90 gallons of water on the floor? Need to move out for some reason? IDK. I guess all the second guesses are running through my head.

It's not like 'oh I cant take this couch with me to the next place I'll just throw it out'

And then I hear people say the Marineland 93g cube is not a good tank, and seams bust.

I'm not sure what to do. Anyone care to through some wisdom my way?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Sailaway

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 years ago I got a 10 gallon freshwater tank. I didnt even put water in it before I decided I needed an upgrade and got a 20 gallon. And then 3 months later I got a 45 tall, and a month later it all got moved into a 50 breeder.

Then 4 months ago I set up a reef tank in a 20g. A week later I decided it was too small and got a 30g frag. I love the frag tank, being able to look down over it. Recently, local to me a 93g rimless cube has come up for sale at an excellent price.

I want it.

I'm not sure if I want the responsibility though.

I rent a house. I just moved here 2 years ago. The landlords love me, but, what if something happened. 90 gallons of water on the floor? Need to move out for some reason? IDK. I guess all the second guesses are running through my head.

It's not like 'oh I cant take this couch with me to the next place I'll just throw it out'

And then I hear people say the Marineland 93g cube is not a good tank, and seams bust.

I'm not sure what to do. Anyone care to through some wisdom my way?
I mean, it’s your choice. I feel like either way (judging by what you’ve said), you’ll get a new tank, so if you are DYING to get it then get it.
I have heard horror stories about marineland 93’s…and my worst nightmare is having a tank burst and all my critters die.
Anyway, I would love to see the frag tank!

OP
OP
D

Dr4gula.f32

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that maroon clown is gorgeous!
Thank you, and surprisingly not aggressive! She's taken a liking to digging in the sand around back, and thats cool with me. I was warned she might become aggressive, and that's just how they are. She was sold as a Misbar Blood Orange clown.

Avast

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Vivid
Back