+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

thanks first, every question i have made got quick and good answers. So now i ve won a 30 Gallon Freshtank.
But i will use it as a saltwater tank.

First i would do a fish only tank, but i want use a little bit of corals. So i have 2KG liverock, and 2 KG Rock. I will only use soft corals like Kenia, Xenia and so on to cover the rocks.

I want use the original light, a 6500 Kelvin and a 9000 Kelvin. But I think the light will be good for soft corals.

I have in there a mechanical filter only, no sump or skimmer.

Now we come to the stocking part.

I have already a banded shrimp and snails.

But no fish yet, because of the little rocks I have big room for swimming, but I prefer 1 big fish over 10 small.

So which would be okay for the tank:
A: 1 Maroon Clownfish
B: 1 Clarki Clownfish
Or C: 2 Normal Clowns

I think with this stocking I can do weekly 5% Water Changes. You Think that ok ?

Thank you ✌

AquaCave Logo Banner

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

thanks first, every question i have made got quick and good answers. So now i ve won a 30 Gallon Freshtank.
But i will use it as a saltwater tank.

First i would do a fish only tank, but i want use a little bit of corals. So i have 2KG liverock, and 2 KG Rock. I will only use soft corals like Kenia, Xenia and so on to cover the rocks.

I want use the original light, a 6500 Kelvin and a 9000 Kelvin. But I think the light will be good for soft corals.

I have in there a mechanical filter only, no sump or skimmer.

Now we come to the stocking part.

I have already a banded shrimp and snails.

But no fish yet, because of the little rocks I have big room for swimming, but I prefer 1 big fish over 10 small.

So which would be okay for the tank:
A: 1 Maroon Clownfish
B: 1 Clarki Clownfish
Or C: 2 Normal Clowns
I think with this stocking I can do weekly 5% Water Changes. You Think that ok ?

Thank you ✌
Beware that maroon clownfish hv spine within their cheeks and will kill everything. I'll Say go for another than clarki and maroon

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a side note - the rock in your case is going to make up a large part of the biological filtration. 2kg/4lb of rock in a 30gal tank is on the lower end. It may benefit you in the long run to add additional rock

Nutramar Foods

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the answer, im not native speaking english, what means hv spine within their cheeks?

So then a pair of normal clownfish would be better? Or Peacefuller?
They'll bite your hands and draw blood from your fingers in short and will try to kill everything u put in your tank. They don't get afraid from big fishes. Mine killed a big tang in just 2 days. They'll claim whole tank as territory. No clownfish is peaceful but aggression will be less than maroons and clark and u will be able to keep a pair which will be a good and attractive thing as they r easy to lay eggs too

OP
OP
P

PachoGinetai

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i am back,

the rocks and the corals are from my old 12 gallon reef. Also i purchased the clownfish, so the livestock is:
1 Banded Shrimp
1 Clownfish
And the soft corals you see.

I also purchased live sand, so it is a bit cloudy. Here comes my questions, my local store raised the price for water about 100% due the energy crisis.

But he said to me, with this 30g and only 1 clownfish, the bioload is so low, that I can perform a no waterchange System with tropic marin all for reef. He said nitrat and phosphat wont go skyrocket high from feeding 1 fish. Can you confirm this? I have already the All for Reef and testing kits for alkalinity, Calcium and Magnesium.

If thats not possible, how mich gallon you think is a must to change?

Unfortunately, I cannot install an osmosis system in my apartment. That's why I'm dependent on the water in the store.

A clear answer would be nice, so I dort have a skimmer but my filter has plenty of room for Bio media if that helps.

Im so happy that I can ask you. So much thanks to all of you.

Attachments

• IMG_20230301_124808.jpg
    IMG_20230301_124808.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230301_124813.jpg
    IMG_20230301_124813.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 13

kbnh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all for reef on this might be overkill, if all you plan on adding are softies and leathers then it may be easier to just do a water change once in a while rather than dosing daily. Depends ultimately on how much elements your corals take up, make sure to test before adding additives to see if you need to dose in the first place. As for the nitrates and phosphates, it depends on the type of food and your frequency of feeding, pellets can raise nitrates and phosphates faster than frozen food, some things to keep in mind.

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the answer, im not native speaking english, what means hv spine within their cheeks?

So then a pair of normal clownfish would be better? Or Peacefuller?
Personally I wouldn’t go the clown route and would instead get a nice wrasse of some sort.
Edit: Sorry didn’t see that you had already added one but you can still get some sort of wrasse.

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
P

PachoGinetai

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all for reef on this might be overkill, if all you plan on adding are softies and leathers then it may be easier to just do a water change once in a while rather than dosing daily. Depends ultimately on how much elements your corals take up, make sure to test before adding additives to see if you need to dose in the first place. As for the nitrates and phosphates, it depends on the type of food and your frequency of feeding, pellets can raise nitrates and phosphates faster than frozen food, some things to keep in mind.
Thank you,

I feed pellets morning and afternoon. 2 to 3 per feeding. Can you explain once I a while? I mean is that 10% month, or 10% every 2 weeks? I mean as a Start guideline.

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you,

I feed pellets morning and afternoon. 2 to 3 per feeding.
U should mix the feedings with meaty foods or other foods other than pellets too otherwise fish will suffer from constipation. I am not good regarding water chemistry so other's will guide u about that

Avast
OP
OP
P

PachoGinetai

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U should mix the feedings with meaty foods or other foods other than pellets too otherwise fish will suffer from constipation. I am not good regarding water chemistry so other's will guide u about that
Yeah I will do it. Thank you

OP
OP
P

PachoGinetai

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I've added 3 Liter Siporax for additional surface area. It would be nice if someone can say something to the All for reef no waterchange or alternativ if that impossible how often and how much waterchange I need.

I dort add another fish or coral. I let the Xenia and the Kenia grow the tank Stones out

Dolphis

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I've added 3 Liter Siporax for additional surface area. It would be nice if someone can say something to the All for reef no waterchange or alternativ if that impossible how often and how much waterchange I need.

I dort add another fish or coral. I let the Xenia and the Kenia grow the tank Stones out
Not sure on what the cost of water from your store compared to All For Reef is for you, but I would think that changing the water is cheaper.
your soft corals won’t use many nutrients, so a water change would be more than enough. I
I feel like managing nutrients and trace elements by just using All for Reef is much more complicated. There are small RO units that you can connect to a sink and quickly disconnect when you’re done, might be a better option for you

OP
OP
P

PachoGinetai

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on what the cost of water from your store compared to All For Reef is for you, but I would think that changing the water is cheaper.
your soft corals won’t use many nutrients, so a water change would be more than enough. I
I feel like managing nutrients and trace elements by just using All for Reef is much more complicated. There are small RO units that you can connect to a sink and quickly disconnect when you’re done, might be a better option for you
Cost of Waterchange:
10 Liter a EUR 0,70 = EUR 7 a Week
EUR 28 a Month
EUR 336 a year

All for Reef
5 Liter EUR 22
If I use the 5 ML Dosage it last 1000 Days

1 EUR = 1,06 Dollar

It is a huge difference

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back