Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i currently have a 46 gallon bowfront with an oceanrevive t247 and I am currently trying to decide on what light I should upgrade it to. I've had the light for about 1.5 years (bought it used, was 2 years old when I bought it) and it was growing the corals at a really fast rate but then everything just slowed down. I checked my parameters and all of them were great so i think the lights are starting to go bad so i decided to upgrade it (plus i wanted to get something high end anyway haha).
what I am concerned about right now is what to use: Either 2 AI primes or a single Hydra 26s? I heard AI primes doesn't have a big coverage but I think 2 should be fine for the tank. Or I could try the Hydras and it will give a little bit of shadow but at the same time it is still strong.

On a side note, I am also upgrading my tank in the summer to a 56 gallon and the dimensions are 36"x20" x20" (custom tank). With my future plans in mind, is it better to go with 2 primes for now and then get one or two more when the time comes? Or is it better to get one Hydra and then get another one in the summer?

Note: I am mostly looking to keep a mixed reef tank which is mostly stocked with LPS and a couple of softies and SPS. As for SPS, I am not too sure if I will be keeping Acros. I know that I want to keep the other SPS like stylopora and seriatopora. This is also what I am currently keeping right now.

Also: I didn't realize that there was another thread about lighting so I deleted my old post and put it in this one. sorry!

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
821e8097ba5a625c3e360a230caf95f5.jpg

I wanted no shading went with 3 primes for my similar sized tank.
And forgive the dinos, this was an old shot [emoji23]

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back