Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im brand new to saltwater tanks and Im wanting to figure out if 2x AI Nero 5s would be better than 1x Vortech MP40? Im looking at a lot of reviews and comments and it really looks like many would suggest the MP40 over the Nero5? For a smaller tank, would it be better to have a single pump in comparison to 2 smaller ones.
What I am fearing with the Nero5s is the reports of it killing smaller fish and Im assuming the wire on the dry side would be nice too!

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
E

Ettercap

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why these size pumps?
Honestly, Im not sure why those size pumps. Im trying to understand what I do and dont need at this point. The MP40 has been the normal size most people mention and ideally, I thought I would want to buy a pump when I transfer to a bigger tank next year. My goal for myself is if I can have this 36g survive for a year, my reward is a purchase of a 100+g tank like Red Sea or Waterbox.
It is always better to have 2 pumps to move water back and forth than one.

It is always better to have 2 pumps to move water back and forth than one.
Ok. So maybe that makes the Nero 5s more applicable since 2x MP40s would be tremendously expensive for me right now.

2 Nero 3 will be plenty for that tank
I will probably agree with you. Ideally, I would like it if I could transfer them to my new tank once I get there but I could have went a lot lower budget... but I really liked the idea of the variable speeds instead of one constant speed. Also, BRS didnt have the Nero 3s in stock.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Torch SALE
Back