Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have to admit coming back after 9 years (leaving after a major tank crash), I am completely re-obsessed. Have my 55 started and starting to add fish
as i tend to go hog wild with my hobbies and like diy (not that i am good at it) I saw a video by @serpadesign on youtube using ikea shelves (tempered) that happen to be perfect for making an ~29 gallon rimless tank.
so i ordered - the glass for 2 tanks ~170$
I built one - used too much silicon and got mess on my kitchen table - wife has me a repair kit i need to use :)
Leak test sucessful and with what i learned and watching videos, amazing i have not been building my own in the past - i will likely in future get float glass from a local dealer to look at building a bigger tank (i have an unused perfect 200 now so why i need more tanks :) )

anyway - the original tank idea was for anemones and a bunch of clowns - the more there are , less aggression - but tank is too small - so i could do a pair

I really love the idea of lagoon tank with mangroves and thinking that might be good to do - this is a project in the making and need to spend a little less for now as i setting the 55 up (despite no big lights/skimmers)
I have rock and sand in , no water for now and wondering ideas for mangroves and a bit of rock on one side and deeper sand bed and maybe softies? any thoughts are appreciated

rimless.jpgrimless2.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Extreme Corals
Back