25gal Lagoon Lighting - Supplement current AI Primes w/ T5's??

vokrey09

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I currently have an IM 25 Lagoon tank with 2 AI Primes, each with a (diffuser). I originally started looking into T5's after a guy a buy coral from told me that he grows under T5's and "shows off" under LED's. I started thinking that maybe I could benefit from this if I were to add 1 or 2 T5 bulbs to my current setup.

I have seen the Aquatic Life T5 hybrid fixture and ruled that out due to a handful of reasons. I was thinking of custom-making a mount to add one of these 18" T5 fixtures to.

After looking into all of this on my own I started questing if supplementing with T5s would be worth it in my case. Or if I should just invest in a better LED light such as a Radion G4/Hydra32/or even a Noopschye K7 V3.

At the moment I mostly have zoas/LPS. However my end goal is to have digitatas as well.

primeshd.JPG

Open to all feedback on this topic. Thank you!

Top Shelf Aquatics

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, the pair of AI Primes is more than enough for that tank. I'd probably look at tweaking your schedule first. I used to have a Radion XR30 G5 Blue over my IM Lagoon 25s and it was massively overkill (I think the most I could run it at was around 35% intensity).

cpschult

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I currently have an IM 25 Lagoon tank with 2 AI Primes, each with a (diffuser). I originally started looking into T5's after a guy a buy coral from told me that he grows under T5's and "shows off" under LED's. I started thinking that maybe I could benefit from this if I were to add 1 or 2 T5 bulbs to my current setup.

I have seen the Aquatic Life T5 hybrid fixture and ruled that out due to a handful of reasons. I was thinking of custom-making a mount to add one of these 18" T5 fixtures to.

After looking into all of this on my own I started questing if supplementing with T5s would be worth it in my case. Or if I should just invest in a better LED light such as a Radion G4/Hydra32/or even a Noopschye K7 V3.

At the moment I mostly have zoas/LPS. However my end goal is to have digitatas as well.

View attachment 3067241

Open to all feedback on this topic. Thank you!
I run a single ai hydra 26 over my ai 25 gallon lagoon and it works great.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back