25 Gallon Peninsula Lighting

SNEAKFTW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone recently picked up a 25 peninsula going to be running a mixed reef.

Considering lights I am stuck between

prime HD and Kessil a80 blue

I know these two are a more budget option and am concerned with needing to upgrade later?

Also looking at two ai blades or a radon XR 15

Now here is my concern with all of the lights since my peninsula will be on my desk next to my computer will I be getting too much light bleed and will it be too blinding sitting next to it? Does anyone have any experience with these lights? I’m also wondering which ones have a good moonlight function (will I be able to turn on a couple white leds) randomly if I want to view at night?

I do know the xr15 has a diffuser and shade so how would that fare on the desk?

Sorry for all the questions guys! Insight would be greatly appreciated.

eliaslikesfish

Kinda Addicted to Anemone’s and Clowns.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like the AI Prime, I have 2 of them on my 40G cube. Very easy to program and has the moonlight option you spoke of.

In my experience the light isn’t too distracting if you’re next to it, I’ve found the light spread doesn’t really effect much outside of the tank and if it were to become bothersome, turning up the white light would probably help, I find blue light to be a bit more distracting.

OP
OP
S

SNEAKFTW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like the AI Prime, I have 2 of them on my 40G cube. Very easy to program and has the moonlight option you spoke of.

In my experience the light isn’t too distracting if you’re next to it, I’ve found the light spread doesn’t really effect much outside of the tank and if it were to become bothersome, turning up the white light would probably help, I find blue light to be a bit more distracting.
That was my concern with the xr15 as it’s very blue. Are you growing lots of corals well with it? Do you think one would be good for the 25?

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a blade grow and glow over my nano cube. I love the spread and how easy it is to dial it in on the app. They're not t5s but they sure as heck pack a punch!

1722014100566.png

OP
OP
S

SNEAKFTW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blade grow and glow over my nano cube. I love the spread and how easy it is to dial it in on the app. They're not t5s but they sure as heck pack a punch!

1722014100566.png
This looks awsome!
Do you have any pictures with the night function on or the moonlight? Also, I really like that, but would I be able to mount them on a 25 gallon peninsula running long ways instead of horizontal like you have? I’m not sure about the cords coming out to the side.

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my concern with the xr15 as it’s very blue. Are you growing lots of corals well with it? Do you think one would be good for the 25?
LPS, Softies, and an Anemone. all thriving, lots of growth especially on the duncan.
IMG_4316.jpeg

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have 1 or two blades and grow or glow? What tank?
2 AI Prime 16HD, used to have 1 but wasn’t getting the par I wanted without turning it up to over 80%. With your size tank I think you could get away with just 1 but depends on your tank measurements.

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This looks awsome!
Do you have any pictures with the night function on or the moonlight? Also, I really like that, but would I be able to mount them on a 25 gallon peninsula running long ways instead of horizontal like you have? I’m not sure about the cords coming out to the side.
You can definitely run them so the wires are outta the way and hanging behind your tank. I dont use moonlights, I just follow a saxby like setting

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back