Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I'm thinking of upgrading my current tank from a 29 gallon to a 150G Tall tank. Been wanting to get a larger one for years, but I found someone selling both the tank+stand for a great price and might take the dive. Since this could be my first real expensive purchase (400$), I would definitely love to get some of your thoughts on it. I plan on housing large predator fish in it.

The dimensions are 48 inches x 24 inches x 31 inches (length x width x height). Basically the 4 ft length version, not the 6ft one.

For those who have this tank, some questions:

- How has your experience so far with it been?
- How easy is it to clean algae off the bottom of the tank (both on sand/rocks and esp on the glass)?
- Since the tank is very tall at 31in, do you have to stand on a small ladder to clean all the time? Would you say it's easy for someone with a slightly bad back to reach down to clean the bottom areas of the tank?
- Where do you put your circulation pumps (top, bottom, opposite sides) to avoid dead spots? And how many?
- Do I need a more powerful light if I want to grow macroalgae since the depth is so high?

- If you could choose a 125G long or even a 150G long, would you go for that instead? Or do you love your 150G Tall no matter what?
- Since I want to house large predator fish (fishes around 9-12in max), do you think a 150G tall would be ok?

And if anyone wants to post their 150G tall tank, that would be lovely too! Would really enjoy looking at everyone's builds.

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Wrassefan78

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s an example with what you could do with a 150 tall. I used to follow this guys thread over at the “other forum”. Anyways look for SDguy’s build thread. Looks pretty awesome to me.
Anthony

Attachments

• DE3D615A-408A-48C3-8C7C-EE2E5BB3DECD.png
    DE3D615A-408A-48C3-8C7C-EE2E5BB3DECD.png
    959.1 KB · Views: 48
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back