Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Struggling here sorting out wavemakers for ideal flow.

I have an older jebao wave maker that does a decent job on else mode. I have a bad dead zone at the top right though and too much on bottom left.

I got a jebao scp-120 and at full power turns my tank into a nightmare. I cannot find any combination of settings that is ideal. Lowered flow as low as it goes and tried sine, Square, else, etc. All too much unidirectional flow. So then I tried the gyre on one side and old wavemaker on the other and created terror in the middle as expected. With only a 4 ft I can’t really point on up one down to limit middle crashes due to the downward one would go straight into softies.

Do I drop to two lower powered gyres and master/slave mode? Do I just get another wavemaker to put further back and go straight across the top where sps will be?

What do you guys use for 4ft, I feel it’s a nightmare getting it right in a 4ft.

0D772CF6-C610-4D22-A3E6-2FC15BB0A455.jpeg

Rick's Reviews

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everything is thriving and not moving/ closing up then keep to your usual settings, you can turn down power if too much... I find dead spots are great for cleaning. I have two areas in my aquarium I concentrate on first during cleaning/ hoovering which are easily accessible

Nutramar Foods
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back