Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently cycling my 120g tank and didn’t really have an idea of what I want what do you guys recommend and how many fish could I put in there? The only fish I have in mind that I really want is a powder blue tang

World Wide Corals

Larry isaak

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your gonna go with a powder blue tang make sure to qt every thing that goes in the tank fish, coral, clean up Crew etc. my tank Hase been wiped out twice from parasites wouldn’t wish it on anyone else.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rule for stocking is one fish between 3 - 4 inches per cubic foot, so a maximum of 16 or so in your tank. If you want some of those fish to be big ones, like tangs, angels, and rabbitfish, then about 12 - 15 would be a good number. The powder blue tang is aggressive, large, and fast-swimming, so I'd have it as the only tang in there. Other than that, a few fairy/flasher wrasses would be good additions, a pair of clownfish is always fun, basslets like royal grammas add character, and a few anthias will look great. Various gobies and blennies would also look nice. I would be sure to add the tang after the other fish, though. A 120 is around the minimum for a powder blue, and it would attack anything added after it in that size. Quarantining it or getting it pre-quarantined from a reliable source is a very good idea, tangs are almost guaranteed to bring a disease or two with them. Good luck!

AquaCave Logo Banner

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine: Banggai, flame hawk, yellow goby, pink streak wrasse, possum wrasse, twin spot goby, red head goby, royal gramma, chalk bass, small yellow tang, and a Dalmatian Molly. The Molly was suppose to be an algae eater but is the biggest pig in the tank. It's as long as the tang. I also want a purple fire fish, pygmy file fish, and a black storm clown.

I would skip the power blue. It's a very active swimmer and should be in a six foot tank.

OP
OP
A

abryant

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine: Banggai, flame hawk, yellow goby, pink streak wrasse, possum wrasse, twin spot goby, red head goby, royal gramma, chalk bass, small yellow tang, and a Dalmatian Molly. The Molly was suppose to be an algae eater but is the biggest pig in the tank. It's as long as the tang. I also want a purple fire fish, pygmy file fish, and a black storm clown.

I would skip the power blue. It's a very active swimmer and should be in a six foot tank.
Yeah it’s not a very long tang it’s pretty wide so I’ll keep that in mind

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back