100G stocking help

Cody000125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All!

I have a 100g that currently has a pair of clowns along with a royal gramma. I was looking into adding some more fish and had a list I was wanting, was hoping to get some input if they would all be compatible together. Or if anyone had any suggestions on other fish to add. Would appreciate any input, thanks!

Stocking:
Pair of clowns (In the tank currently)
Royal Gramma (In the tank currently)

Goby x Pistol Shrimp
Melanurus Wrasse (Hoping they eat some of my red planaria)
Peppermint Shrimp (Aiptasia)
Foxface
Flame Hawkfish
Midas Blenny

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a good start, except the foxface. It will get way too big for a 100g tank. You might be able to keep a young juvenile for a year or so, but then it will need to move to a larger aquarium. I have one that is about to outgrow my 120g.

A few others to look into -

Anthias are great and you can get a pair of them. My favorites are bartletts and lyretail.

Blue chromis are a nice splash of blue and you can try to keep a small harem of 4-5, though people have mixed success long term.

Firefish are always beautiful

OP
OP
C

Cody000125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its a good start, except the foxface. It will get way too big for a 100g tank. You might be able to keep a young juvenile for a year or so, but then it will need to move to a larger aquarium. I have one that is about to outgrow my 120g.

A few others to look into -

Anthias are great and you can get a pair of them. My favorites are bartletts and lyretail.

Blue chromis are a nice splash of blue and you can try to keep a small harem of 4-5, though people have mixed success long term.

Firefish are always beautiful
Got it, that was the one I wasn't too sure about. And thanks for the suggestion! For the anthias pair is it usually best to do just 1 male and 1 female? And what're your thoughts on tangs? Would a tomini tang be a good fit?

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add a yellow, white tail or tomini tang to help with algae as well. I'm big into utilitarian fish.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back