Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to figure out lighting options for my new 100 INT build and I have been looking into the Orphek Osix system.

However, when I talk to some of my local shops they only recommend Ecotech and AI. I know these are tried and true brands, I have an XR15 and an AI on my other two coral systems. I am going to be combining my other two small coral systems into the peninsula tank which are a lot of zoas, mushrooms and other softies. I am also wanting to get back into SPS so I am trying to get a lighting option that will be reliable and provide the necessary lighting.

I do like trying new tech systems but with the cost of tank lighting, I think some extra research is necessary. One of my local shops said they didn't have good results with orphek, but I have read just about every thread on here and there does seem like a lot of good reviews.

This was the light layout I was thinking for the OR3's with the Osix system. I was going with OR3 90s since the tank is a 48" and the water area is 39.5" and the light bars are 35"

Reef Day
Blue Plus
UV/Purple
Blue Sky
Reef Day

Last edited:
Corals.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Geo's Reef
Back