Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current stocking is 1 firefish goby, and 2 blastomussa corals. I plan to add a few peppermint shrimp, and some astrea snails to help deal with my diatom outbreak, also some GSP to the island rock in the back, and possibly a green candy cane coral. I had the lights on a bright white setting, and after doing some reasearch learned that it should be mostly blue. Hopefully this helps the issue. Has anyone had a good experience with vibrance aquarium cleaner? Aso far as feeding I was adding a few pe mysis pellets per day, but im switching to mostly frozen baby brine as i heard it produces less nitrates. The equipment is low tech theres no sump, i have i seachem tidal 35 filter/ skimmer, and a koralia 425 powerhead. The lighting is a nicrew 100 watt hyper reef LED. will also be using a fluval breeder box as a refugium for macroaglae. Any comments are welcome.

reef to reef 10.jpg reff2reef1.jpg reef 2 reef 3.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Peppermint shrimp could cause issues with blastomussa

Nutramar Foods

TriggersAmuck

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if the firefish is compatible with a yellow banded possum wrasse in a tank this size? theres a few caves in the tank

I would't worry about the two. Both are pretty passive. Also, check out the Cryptic/Pink Streak Wrasse with its big buggy eyes. (Same size as the possum, and also a super mellow personality).

OP
OP
derek170

derek170

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some GSP to the tank, Also 2 Astrea snails. I got some coraline from my LFS and crushed it into a fine power and added it to my tank to hopefully seed the aquarium with coraline spores. The GSP retracted after a vigorous coral rx dip, as well as a freshwater dip, hoping to see it cover the island at the back of the tank.

Attachments

• gsp.jpg
    gsp.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 30
Corals.com
Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
derek170

derek170

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RIP to my firefish, passed last night. Ill be only keeping coral and inverts for the next 2 months to eradicate the parasites from my tank. any tips on doing this successfully are appreciated.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back